Bonjour! Since I last saw you, I’ve gone and (sadly) come home from an amazing adventure in Europe. I can already feel my fingers itching to gush about it all so I’m going to refrain from a “EUROPE IS AMAZING” diatribe and stick to the task at hand. I originally meant to post this as a “books I’m taking with me (on my kindle) to Europe” but the excitement and anxiety leading up to the trip basically rendering me useless and incoherent 78.3% of the time. I actually did download these 13 before i left, figuring I wouldn’t have time to read them all but whatever I didn’t get through, I’d read when I got back. Turns out, I have 12 unread books on my kindle because this was no beach vacation my friends, this was a “see everything you can, until you are aggressively tired on the metro in Paris and can barely function” vacation (true story).
I have a mix of everything here, wanting to make sure I had a good book for whatever mood I was in, fingers crossed I’ll actually review some of these once I get through them.
13. Every Boy’s Got One – Meg Cabot: The lone book I actually started and finished in Europe. When I was browsing books I couldn’t remember if I had actually read this one or not (went through a big Meg Cabot phase in my youth) so I downloaded it. Fun, easy read while trying to fall asleep in hostels and on buses. Bonus points: It was set in Italy so it felt especially appropriate.
12. The Start of Me and You – Emery Lord: I had JUST finished “Open Road Summer” (which was so wonderful and great) so this was an easy choice.
11. In This Moment – Autumn Doughton: I will keep trying NA books, I believe there are some gems in this genre, fingers crossed for this one!
10. America’s First Daughter – Stephanie Dray & Laura Kamoie: Ok no one’s surprised I have a historical fiction novel on here right??
9. The Truth According to us – Annie Barrows: Ok no one’s surprised I have more than one historical fiction novel on here right??
8. Everything We keep – Kerry Lonsdale: The plot hooked me on this one! Can’t WAIT to read it.
7. It Ends With Us – Colleen Hoover: Wow, the goodreads rating on this baby is so high! I didn’t love her last one but I’m hoping for an awesome read with this one!
6. The Sea of Tranquility – Katja Millay: I’ve been having a little love affair with YA lately and this one sounds fantastic- can’t wait to dive in.
5. Good In Bed – Jennifer Weiner: It was on sale and I can’t believe I haven’t read it before so I’m doing it
4. The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike 2) – Robert Galbraith: Truth be told, had no intention of reading this while in Europe but I know I’ll want to read it at some point.
2. The Woman in Cabin 10 – Ruth Ware: Has anyone read this? Is it as amazing as it sounds like it’s going to be?!
1. Eligible – Curtis Sittenfeld: CAUTIOUSLY OPTIMISTIC. Die hard Pride and Prejudice fan over here so it’s going to be interesting to see how I feel reading a ‘modern retelling,’ of a classic, wonderful story that is perfect in every single way already.
Au Revoir fellow book lovers!
P.S. Has anyone read any of these books? WHAT DO I READ FIRST I HAVE NO IDEA.